FRENCH NATIONAL WEEK at OAK HILL ACADEMY
The AATF, French Association of Teachers of French declares November first to November 8th as “National French Week”
In one the best school of Monmouth county NJ, Oak Hill Academy (K-8th) celebrated French National Week. As a part of the curriculum of our French classes, a lot of components include the cultural parts of the French speaking countries.
Our students enjoyed to partake in various activities which were fun and very informative in several aspects.
Here is a summary of the activities:
- Poem: a student memorized a poem in French about the Statue of Liberty.
- Video conference with Marie-Gabrielle in France. Students were able to converse with her in English and French and were able to ask questions about their daily life
- The life of our pen pals: their activities and school life ( Antoine in 7th grade and Lucas in the fourth grade in France)
- The 100 years of Armistice Day
- Dancing on French music
- Crêpes: lessons on how to make Crêpes with Chef Bernard from Brittany. Crêpes tasting and how to make Crêpes
- Lunch in school cafeteria in France
- Cultural research on French speaking countries
- Cultural Kahoot game
- “Milles Bornes” card game
- Kindergarten: getting to know “Babar” the French elephant and dancing on French songs