Tuition and Fee Information
Oak Hill Academy prides itself on providing an unmatched educational experience for its students at one of the most reasonable levels of tuition for a private, independent school in New Jersey. Application and Entrance Test Fee – $75/student
Tuition for 2020-2021
Pre-Kindergarten 3 days/week: $14,400
Pre-Kindergarten 5 days/week: $19,400
Grades K-8: $20,750
Pre-Kindergarten: $ 2,000
Grades K-8: $ 2,550
*School fee includes books, materials, activities, school trips, all after-school clubs, extra help, athletic participation, technology and security.
Tuition Refund Plan – As a means to protect the school and parent’s mutual interests, Oak Hill Academy offers insurance through the Tuition Refund Plan. Please see the participation requirements below for each payment plan.
Oak Hill Academy partners with SMART TUITION for the processing and collection of tuition and fees. Oak Hill Families are given their choice of the following payment plans available through SMART TUITION.
At Registration – An $2000 Enrollment Deposit is due directly to Oak Hill Academy with the signing of the Enrollment Contract (not included in plans below). The enrollment deposit will show up as a credit on your Smart Tuition account.
A. Ten Month Payment Plan
With this plan, parents pay the tuition and school fee in 10 monthly payments. Payments are due the first of the month starting May 1, 2020 through February 1, 2021. If enrolling after May 1st, payments will be spread over remaining months of the plan with the ending date still 2/1/21. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family. Participation in the Tuition Refund Plan is required.
B. Two Payments Plan
With this plan, parents pay the tuition and school fee in two payments, which are due by August 1, 2020 and December 1, 2020. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family. Participation in the Tuition Refund Plan is required.
C. One Payment Plan
With this plan, parents pay the tuition and school fee for the year in one payment by May 1, 2020. The administration fee charged by Smart Tuition will be waived in this case. In addition, participation in the Tuition Refund Plan is elective.
Parents are able to access and manage their SMART TUITION accounts as well as make payments on-line at: www.parent.smarttuition.com
Oak Hill Tuition Assistance Program
Oak Hill Academy has established a tuition assistance program to assist families of qualified children meet the cost of an OHA education. The school gives tuition assistance to help maintain a diverse socioeconomic and multicultural student population. It also serves to help prevent the loss of current students because of rising tuition and/or families’ financial difficulties. Our goal is to enrich the learning and living environment for all our students. Every student and his/her family bring a special set of gifts to contribute to the mosaic of the school community. In fact, during the current school year, 21% of our students receive some level of tuition assistance.
Tuition assistance is available to qualifying families, regardless of the number of children they have enrolled at OHA. Application is made through School & Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Tuition assistance is limited and awards will be based on the total amount of tuition assistance available from OHA, as well as the number of qualified applicants. In the awarding process, some consideration will be given in filling openings that would otherwise remain vacant. Oak Hill Academy is not able to offer full tuition assistance to any student at this time.
Overview: Parents must fill out a Parents Financial Statement (PFS) either online or on paper, as well as submit certain income and tax information. This application asks several detailed questions about your family’s income and expenses. Based on the financial information you provide in the PFS, SSS will provide schools with an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps schools make fair and objective tuition assistance decisions. W-2 forms and all other proofs of income, as well as your most recent tax return must be submitted to SSS, as well as Oak Hill Academy. Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates.
How to apply:
- You may complete the PFS online at The PFS online fee is $48.
- Oak Hill Academy’s subscriber code is: 905389
- Submit the following forms:
- 1040 and W-2 to Oak Hill Academy from two years ago
- 1040 and W-2 to SSS and Oak Hill Academy from the most recent tax year
- Business/Farm Statement Form 4506-T (signed, but do not date)
- Mailing address for submitting the paper PFS and Submitting Required Documents is: SSS By NAIS P.O. Box 449 Randolph, MA 02368
- For overnight mail, use this address: SSS By NAIS Application Processing Center 15 DAN Road, Suite 102 Canton, MA 02021
- For questions, call: Customer Service Center for Parents 800-344-8328 M-F 9am-8pm EST ; Sat 9am-4pm EST e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit required forms to Oak Hill Academy, attention: Tuition Assistance Committee
- Parents must fill out the PFS by February 14, 2020 (it will be available after November 1st)
- All recent tax year information should be submitted by March 13, 2020. Tax year information from 2 years ago should be submitted by the same date, or earlier.
- The Report of Family Contribution (RFC) will not be accurate unless all signed federal tax returns with all supporting schedules for two previous years have been received.
- Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates. Submission after March 13, 2020 will be considered however may put a family in jeopardy of excluding themselves from aid for that year.
Report of Family Contribution/Notification:
- SSS will generate a report that will estimate the amount a family can contribute to the educational expenses for their child(ren)
- Oak Hill Academy will use the RFC as a guide in awarding tuition assistance. OHA will have to take into consideration the following factors.
- Total amount of tuition assistance that we will be distributing
- Number of qualified applicants
- Tuition Assistance awards are determined by a Tuition Assistance Committee of OHA administrators.
- Written notification of the tuition assistance decision will be sent by the Tuition Assistance Committee in a timely manner.
- Each parent/family/household, regardless of custodial arrangement, must fill out a complete tuition assistance application for each household.
- Parents must re-apply for tuition assistance every year, due to possible change in a family’s financial circumstance and/or the amount of funds available from OHA.
- Tuition Assistance and Admissions are two separate processes. The tuition assistance decision is made after the student is accepted.
- If there are extenuating circumstances affecting your family’s financial stability, parents are asked to document these factors and submit the documentation to OHA as part of your tuition assistance application.
- All conversations, financial records, correspondence, and tuition assistance information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Patrice Murray, Director of Personnel/Administration
Oak Hill Academy, 347 Middletown-Lincroft Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738