We are looking forward to and preparing for a full return to Oak Hill in September. Please reach out to Director of Admissions, Christina Larkins, at email@example.com to apply or set up a tour.
- Prospective families are encouraged to attend one of our annual open houses during the year or are welcome to set up an appointment for a personal tour.
- Entrance tests are given three times during the second semester of the school year. Developmental evaluations for pre-kindergarten and kindergarten are scheduled individually.
- Acceptance into grades K – 8 is based on Oak Hill’s entrance test as well as previous school records, standardized test results, and teacher recommendation forms.
- All grades require a student class visit as part of the admission process. The Pre-Kindergarten program is for children who are four years old or approaching four developmentally by the start of the academic year in September.
- We find that children who are most successful in kindergarten are those who have reached a five year old developmental level at the time of testing and are moving toward five and one-half by September. Readiness is assessed through the admission process.
- School personnel are available to help answer any questions during this process.
- Finally, an interview is scheduled with the headmaster to review test results and hold final discussions. Students entering grades 5-8 are required to be present at this meeting.