Tuition and Tuition Assistance
TUITION AND FEE INFORMATION
Oak Hill Academy prides itself on providing an unmatched educational experience for its students at one of the most reasonable levels of tuition for a private, independent school in New Jersey.
Tuition for 2016-2017
Pre-Kindergarten 3 days/week $12,800
Pre-Kindergarten 5 days/week $17,300
Grades K-8 $18,500
Total Fees*: Grades K-8 Grade Pre-K
Total Fees $ 1,700 $ 1,260
*Tuition and fees include books, materials, activities, school trips, all after-school clubs, extra help, athletic participation, technology and security.
Oak Hill Families are given their choice of the following payment plans available through SMART TUITION.
At Registration - An $1800 Enrollment Deposit is due directly to Oak Hill Academy with the signing of the Enrollment Contract (not included in plans below). The deposit will be deducted from the overall tuition.
A. Ten Month Payment Plan
With this plan, parents make 10 monthly payments to cover one year of tuition and fees without paying finance charges. Payments are due the first of the month starting May 1, 2016 through February 1, 2017. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family.
B. Two Payments Plan
With this plan, parents pay tuition and fees according to the below dates. Smart Tuition will charge a $50 administration fee per family.
- Due August 1, 2016 First tuition payment plus fees
- Due December 1, 2016 Second tuition payment
C. One Payment Plan
With this plan, parents pay tuition and fees for the year by May 1, 2016. The administration fee charged by Smart Tuition will be waived in this case.
Parents are able to access and manage their SMART TUITION accounts as well as make payments on-line at: www.parent.smarttuition.com
Oak Hill Tuition Assistance Program
Oak Hill Academy has established a tuition assistance program to assist families of qualified children meet the cost of an OHA education. The school gives tuition assistance to help maintain a diverse socioeconomic and multicultural student population. It also serves to help prevent the loss of current students because of rising tuition and/or families’ financial difficulties. Our goal is to enrich the learning and living environment for all our students. Every student and his/her family bring a special set of gifts to contribute to the mosaic of the school community.
Tuition assistance is available to qualifying families, regardless of the number of children they have enrolled at OHA. Application is made through School & Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Tuition assistance is limited and awards will be based on the total amount of tuition assistance available from OHA, as well as the number of qualified applicants. In the awarding process, some consideration will be given in filling openings that would otherwise remain vacant. Oak Hill Academy is not able to offer full tuition assistance to any student at this time.
Overview: Parents must fill out a Parents Financial Statement (PFS) either online or on paper, as well as submit certain income and tax information. This application asks several detailed questions about your family’s income and expenses. Based on the financial information you provide in the PFS, SSS will provide schools with an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps schools make fair and objective tuition assistance decisions. W-2 forms and all other proofs of income, as well as your most recent tax return must be submitted to SSS, as well as Oak Hill Academy. Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates.
How to apply:
- You may complete the PFS online at (Link to http://sss.nais.org) or you may request a paper copy from our main office at 732-530-1343 x1. Please note that submission online is done in a more timely manner.
- If you complete the PFS online, the fee is $35. The paper format fee is $42. These are flat fees, for as many schools as you are applying to.
- Oak Hill Academy’s subscriber code is: 905389
- Submit the following forms:
- 1040 and W-2 to Oak Hill Academy from two years ago
- 1040 and W-2 to SSS and Oak Hill Academy from the most recent tax year
- Business/Farm Statement
- Form 4506-T (signed, but do not date)
- Mailing address for submitting the paper PFS and Submitting Required Documents is:
SSS By NAIS
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
- For overnight mail, use this address:
SSS By NAIS
Application Processing Center
437 Turnpike Street
Canton, MA 02021
- For questions, call: Customer Service Center for Parents
800-344-8328 M-F 9am-8pm EST ; Sat 9am-4pm EST
- Submit required forms to Oak Hill Academy, attention: Tuition Assistance Committee
- Parents must fill out the PFS by February 12th, 2016 (it will be available after November 1st)
- All recent tax year information should be submitted by March 4, 2016. Tax year information from 2 years ago should be submitted by the same date, or earlier.
- The Report of Family Contribution (RFC) will not be accurate unless all signed federal tax returns with all supporting schedules for two previous years have been received.
- Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates. Submission after March 4, 2016 may put a family in jeopardy of excluding themselves from aid for that year.
Report of Family Contribution/Notification:
- SSS will generate a report that will estimate the amount a family can contribute to the educational expenses for their child(ren)
- Oak Hill Academy will use the RFC as a guide in awarding tuition assistance. OHA will have to take into consideration the following factors.
- Total amount of tuition assistance that we will be distributing
- Number of qualified applicants
- Tuition Assistance awards are determined by a Tuition Assistance Committee of OHA administrators.
- Written notification of the tuition assistance decision will be sent by the Tuition Assistance Committee in a timely manner.
- Each parent/family/household, regardless of custodial arrangement, must fill out a complete tuition assistance application for each household.
- Parents must re-apply for tuition assistance every year, due to possible change in a family’s financial circumstance and/or the amount of funds available from OHA.
- Tuition Assistance and Admissions are two separate processes. The tuition assistance decision is made after the student is accepted.
- If there are extenuating circumstances affecting your family’s financial stability, parents are asked to document these factors and submit the documentation to OHA as part of your tuition assistance application.
- All conversations, financial records, correspondence, and tuition assistance information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Patrice Murray Director of Personnel/Administration
Oak Hill Academy , 347 Middletown-Lincroft Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738