Tuition and Financial Aid
TUITION AND FEE INFORMATION
Oak Hill Academy prides itself on providing an unmatched educational experience for its students at one of the most reasonable levels of tuition for a private, independent school in New Jersey.
Tuition for 2013-1014
Pre-Kindergarten 3 days/week $11,400
Pre-Kindergarten 5 days/week $15,500
Grades K-8 $16,500
Additional Fees: Grades 1-8 Grade K Grade Pre-K
Books and Materials $ 500 $ 500 $ 450
Activities $ 175 $ 175 $ 175
Computer/Art $ 250 $ --- $ ---
Security Fee $ 175 $ 175 $ 175
______ _______ _________
Total Fees $ 1,100 $ 850 $ 800
Tuition and fees cover school trips and all after-school clubs, extra help, and athletic participation.
OAK HILL FAMILIES ARE GIVEN THEIR CHOICE OF THREE PAYMENT PLANS:
A) Traditional Payment Schedule with $1,800 due at registration and two other payments of the remainder due August 1 and December 1.
B) Ten Month Tuition Payment Plan with $1800 due at registration and the remainder paid in 10 equal monthly installments to Tuition Management Systems. There is a $55 non-refundable enrollment fee.
C) Educational Loan Plan with $1800 due at registration and the remainder paid over an extended period of time with a student loan product called prepGATE through Tuition Management Systems. To apply or receive information, please visit their website at www.prepgate.com or call (866) 362-4283.
SUBSEQUENT CHILD TUITION ASSISTANCE:
Parents with more than one child enrolled at Oak Hill Academy will pay the full tuition for their first child, but will have a $1,000 reduction in tuition for each additional child enrolled in our 5 day Pre-K/K-8 programs or a $500 reduction for each additional child enrolled in our 3 day Pre-K program.
Oak Hill Financial Aid Program
Oak Hill Academy has established a financial aid program to assist families of qualified children meet the cost of an OHA education. The school gives financial aid to help maintain a diverse socioeconomic and multicultural student population. It also serves to help prevent the loss of current students because of rising tuition and/or families’ financial difficulties. Our goal is to enrich the learning and living environment for all our students. Every student and his/her family bring a special set of gifts to contribute to the mosaic of the school community.
Oak Hill Academy will continue with tuition reduction for families that have more than one child enrolled at the school at the same time. Parents will pay the full tuition for their first child, but will have a $1,000 reduction in tuition for each additional child enrolled.
Financial aid is available to qualifying families, regardless of the number of children they have enrolled at OHA. Application is made through School & Student Services (SSS) by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). Financial aid is limited and awards will be based on the total amount of financial aid available from OHA, as well as the number of qualified applicants. In the awarding process, some consideration will be given in filling openings that would otherwise remain vacant. Oak Hill Academy is not able to offer full financial aid to any student at this time.
Overview: Parents must fill out a Parents Financial Statement (PFS) either online or on paper, as well as submit certain income and tax information. This application asks several detailed questions about your family’s income and expenses. Based on the financial information you provide in the PFS, SSS will provide schools with an estimated amount that your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps schools make fair and objective financial aid decisions. W-2 forms and all other proofs of income, as well as your most recent tax return must be submitted to SSS, as well as Oak Hill Academy. Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates.
How to apply:
- You may complete the PFS online at (Link to http://sss.nais.org) or you may request a paper copy from our main office at 732-530-1343 x1. Please note that submission online is done in a more timely manner.
- If you complete the PFS online, the fee is $35. The paper format fee is $42. These are flat fees, for as many schools as you are applying to.
- Oak Hill Academy’s subscriber code is: 905389
- Submit the following forms:
- 1040 and W-2 to Oak Hill Academy from two years ago
- 1040 and W-2 to SSS and Oak Hill Academy from the most recent tax year
- Business/Farm Statement
- Form 4506-T (signed, but do not date)
- Mailing address for submitting the paper PFS and Submitting Required Documents is:
SSS By NAIS
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
- For overnight mail, use this address:
SSS By NAIS
Application Processing Center
437 Turnpike Street
Canton, MA 02021
- For questions, call: Customer Service Center for Parents
800-344-8328 M-F 9am-8pm EST ; Sat 9am-4pm EST
- Submit required forms to Oak Hill Academy, attention: Financial Aid Committee
- Parents must fill out the PFS by February 8th, 2013 (it will be available after November 1st)
- All 2012 tax information should be submitted by March 1, 2013. 2011 tax information should be submitted by the same date, or earlier.
- The Report of Family Contribution (RFC) will not be accurate unless all signed federal tax returns with all supporting schedules for two previous years have been received.
- Parents are encouraged to follow deadline dates. Submission after March 1, 2013 may put a family in jeopardy of excluding themselves from aid for that year.
Report of Family Contribution/Notification:
- SSS will generate a report that will estimate the amount a family can contribute to the educational expenses for their child(ren)
- Oak Hill Academy will use the RFC as a guide in awarding financial aid. OHA will have to take into consideration the following factors.
- Total amount of financial aid that we will be distributing
- Number of qualified applicants
- Financial Aid awards are determined by a Financial Aid Committee of OHA administrators.
- Written notification of the financial aid decision will be sent by the Financial Aid Committee in a timely manner.
- Each parent/family/household, regardless of custodial arrangement, must fill out a complete financial aid application for each household.
- Parents must re-apply for financial aid every year, due to possible change in a family’s financial circumstance and/or the amount of funds available from OHA.
- Financial Aid and Admissions are two separate processes. The financial aid decision is made after the student is accepted.
- If there are extenuating circumstances affecting your family’s financial stability, parents are asked to document these factors and submit the documentation to OHA as part of your financial aid application.
- All conversations, financial records, correspondence, and financial aid information will be kept in the strictest confidence.
Patrice Murray Director of Personnel/Administration
Oak Hill Academy , 347 Middletown-Lincroft Road, Lincroft, NJ 07738